The groups-feature makes it really easy and convenient to divide your members in different groups. This will be useful when sending a message to certain members, when organizing an exclusive activity for the youth division of your soccer club, or when collecting membership fees from the different groups in your dance community.
Before creating a group, it's best to take some time and think about what structure you want to give your online community. An alumni community would benefit from dividing groups into graduation year and field of study; a tennis club will prefer working by groups per interclub, teachers, management, winter competition, etc. Don't worry, you can create as many groups as you like!
- Click the 'switch' button to select a community.
- Next, click 'members' and select 'groups'.
- Click '+ group'.
- Enter the name of the new group and confirm by clicking 'create'.
- If your community already has some members, you can immediately select the members that belong in this group. If your community doesn't have any members yet, you can link them to a group while inviting them to join, so you don't have to do this later. (see 'adding members')
- The group has now been created and can be found under 'groups'.
- Repeat the previous steps to create all your groups.