A community exists through its members. If you have created groups via the previous steps, you can use that structure when registering members. You can easily assign members to specific groups when sending them the invitation to join. Additionally, the member will automatically be presented the registration form upon accepting the invitation, which he needs to complete prior to being allowed to join the community.
To start adding members, click the '+' icon on the upper left side of your screen within your community page, and select 'member'. You can also select 'members' in the main menu and click '+ member'. There are two ways to invite members: individually or in group.
Inviting individual members
- To invite individual members, you only need to enter the following data: first name, last name and e-mail address are mandatory, community identifier (e.g. membership number) is optional. As previously mentioned, you can define a member registration form with data fields that the member will be requested to complete when accepting the invitation.
- Next, determine whether the member needs to be assigned to a certain group. By doing this now, you will save yourself a lot of time.
- Click 'send invitation' and the member will receive an invitation via e-mail.
Inviting members in group
If you have a larger number of members, you can easily invite them all at once. This can be done by uploading a CSV-file. Please note that if you want to structure your members in groups, you will have to upload several files. When using a CSV-file, it's not possible to allocate individual members to different groups, but only the entire file. So it's more logical to create a csv-file for each group, and to upload these seperately in the correct group.
The CSV-file needs to be contain (similar to the individual invitations) the following member data: first name (required), last name (required), e-mail (required) and community identifier (optional). An example can be accessed by clicking the "?" next to the 'upload file' button.
- Below 'upload an invitation list', enter a reference name of your choosing (usually the same name as your CSV-file), click 'choose file' and select the correct file on your computer.
- Decide if you want to link the members in this file to a specific group. If so, type the name of the group.
- Click 'upload invitations' and you will see a number of "invitations not sent" on the "invitations" page.
- When you are ready to send the invitations, just click 'send all'.