- Within your community page, click the '+' icon on the upper right side of your screen, and select 'activity'. You can also select 'activities' in the main menu and click '+ activity'.
- Complete the all the information about your activity. The only required fields to create an activity are 'title', 'start' and 'end'. All other fields are optional.
- When all relevant information is completed, click 'create activity' at the bottom of the page.
- Add a picture to personalise the activity somewhat more.
- Add a specific location based upon its official address.
- Provide a description of the activity with more information for your members.
- If members need to pay a fee to attend the activity, you can confirm this and specify the pricing at 'Is this a paid activity?'.
- If the activiteit can only be attended by a limited number of people, you can set this option at 'maximum number of participants'. If needed, you can activate a waiting list. This option allows members that have confirmed their wish to attend too late (ie. when the maximum number of participants has already been reached), to be automatically registered if a member that had accepted earlier, cancels his/her attendance.
- If you wish to send attendees a confirmation ticket in pdf, you can activate the feature 'with tickets?'. This ticket, with all the activity's details, will be automatically sent to those members that have accepted the invitation.
- If required, you can specify the type of activity.
- Does the activity have a relevant website or specific contact information, add these at the appropriate fields.
- The organiser of the activity is by default defined as the administrator creating the activity. IF needed, you can easily change this into any other member or administrator.
- Until further notice, all invitations are private.
- You can extend the visibility of the activity, which is limited by default to the invitees, to the entire community or even public. This way, also non-invitees can see which activities your community is organising. If you change the activity to public, it will appear in the list of activities on the community page for non-members.
- You can choose to make all invitations and attendance statuses visible to all invitees, or to keep them hidden to only the administrators.
- Invite members: If you wish to invite members at this stage, you can select your invitation target: the entire community or selected members or groups. If you wish to include offline members into the invitation, click the "offline members" selection at the top of the members list. When the selection is finished, click 'invite' to send all the invitations to your target audience.
- Invite members later: If you are just creating the activity but wish to select your invitations in a later stage, click 'skip'.
When the activity is created, you can always edit the activity, check the status of the invitations or invite additional members via selecting the relevant activity in the activity list of your community. Please also refer to article 'activity follow-up'.
Watch the online tutorial video here (Dutch).