Payments can be handled through PayPal and Braintree (credit cards), amongst others. To collect your community fees and payments through PayPal/Braintree in the ThreeAndMore platform, you need to own a business account with these two providers. If you don't have one yet, you can easily create this online by following the steps below.
To allow your members to pay online through PayPal/Braintree, you should complete the payment settings of your community. We'll gladly guide you through the process to make your setup go smoothly.
Go within your community context to 'the community'. Go to 'community settings' and click 'payment settings'. The requested data can be found in your Braintree-account.
- Log into your Braintree-account
- Click 'Settings/Processing' and go to 'Merchant Account'
- Copy the Merchant Account ID and enter this in your ThreeAndMore-account
- Click 'Account/My User', go to 'API Keys' and click 'View Authorizations'
- Copy the Public Key, Private Key and Merchant ID and enter this in your ThreeAndMore-account
- Choose the currency you want to use and click 'add' to finalise.
- To activate your account, a transaction of 0.99 EUR is created, which you need to pay with a credit card or PayPal account.
If you've linked your Braintree and PayPal accounts (in 'Braintree/Settings/Processing'), you can use these settings to setup PayPal as the payment system for all your payments within ThreeAndMore.
If you don't have any business accounts at Braintree/PayPal yet, please follow the steps below to create your accounts online. The accounts are free of charge; you'll only pay a fee per transaction.
- Go to http://signups.braintreepayments.com
- Enter your e-mailadress, create a password, select your country and currency
- Click 'Agree and Create Account'
- You've created your account. You'll probably have to enter some addtional information on your community.
- Please keep the following data at hand:
- Name, identity data and contact data of the director/owner of your community
- General data on your community: name, location, type of community, statutes,...
- General data on the kind of payments your community collects: membership fees, registration fees, selling merchandise,...
- Bank data: IBAN, BIC-code
- Go to http://www.paypal.com
- Select your country and language
- In the section 'Business', click 'Accept online payments' and 'Get started'
- Enter all the requested data
- Follow the instructions to verify your bank account
When these accounts have been created and authorized by the proper authorities, you can start using the online PayPal/Braintree payments through the ThreeAndMore-platform.